If you thought neon was a thing of the past, think again. This bright, bold color scheme is making a comeback, and it's taking the world of contemporary decor by storm. From bold neon home decor to subtle neon accents, there's a way to incorporate this trend into your home, no matter your style.
The resurgence of neon
Color trends come and go, but neon is a style that refuses to be forgotten. It first made waves in the 80s, with its bright, bold colors dominating fashion, art, and interior design. But as with all trends, it eventually fell out of favor. Now, however, it's back and more popular than ever.
But why the revival of neon in the world of contemporary decor? It could be due to our increasing desire for individuality and self-expression. Or maybe it's just the sheer joy that these bright colors bring. Either way, there's no denying the impact that neon has on a room.
Incorporating neon into your decor
Incorporating neon into your decor doesn't have to mean turning your home into a fluorescent wonderland. There are plenty of subtle ways to introduce neon into your space.
- Neon home accessories: From cushions to vases, neon home accessories are an easy way to introduce a pop of color into a room.
- Neon as a focal point: If you're feeling bold, why not use neon as a focal point? A neon sofa or a piece of neon art can instantly brighten up a room.
- Neon accents: Less is often more when it comes to neon. Consider using neon accents, such as a neon trim on a black and white rug or neon handles on kitchen cabinets.
Neon color schemes
If you're wondering how to make neon work in your decor, it's all about finding the right color scheme. Here are a few popular neon color schemes and the moods they can help to create:
Making neon work in contemporary decor
In the world of contemporary decor, less is often more. This is especially true when it comes to neon. Too much neon can be overwhelming, but when used sparingly, it can add a vibrant, energetic feel to a room.
Here are a few tips for making neon work in contemporary decor:
- Stick to one or two neon colors and balance them with neutrals.
- Use neon in unexpected places, like the legs of a chair or the inside of a lampshade.
- Experiment with different shades of the same neon color for a more refined look.
- Don't be afraid to mix neon with other trends. For example, neon works beautifully with the minimalist style that's so popular in contemporary decor.
So if you're ready to embrace the revival of neon in contemporary decor, why not start with a small neon accessory or a subtle neon accent? You might be surprised by the big impact it can make.